Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Gianna's first time at the dentist

for a number of reasons, none of which are really good excuses, we had not yet taken gianna to the dentist.  and as we approached her 4th birthday, i thought that we really needed to get her there and get started on a good path to dental hygiene.  

personally, i'm completely petrified of the dentist.  i've had a couple of experiences as a young adult that have given me quite a bit of fear.  and really, i did not have good dental habits.  this is something that i do not want to pass on to my kids.  i don't want them to be fearful and i want them start really great habits now.  roman is doing wonderfully with flossing every night and he even has an electric toothbrush that does a great job of getting those teeth clean!  

so, we found a children's dentist close to our house and toby took her.  he sent me these pics from the office.  it's hard to see, but the welcome board behind her has children's names on it and hers is the pink one on the corner. 
this picture cracks me up.  the crossed legs, the mouth wide open, watching a movie on the ceiling.  i mean, maybe if my dentist had a tv on the ceiling, maybe i wouldn't be such a scaredy cat! 
good news!  no cavities...woohoo!

1 comment:

Alessandra Landers said...

When I was young, my parents did not prepare me for a visit to the dentist. To top it off, I had a cavity. Like you, I have been very conscience of how I approach going to the dentist with my daughter. My husband, who had a fabulous dentist, talked to Liv and she became excited about her first visit. In turn, the dentist was personable. The visit went well and Liv came home with a little bag of goodies including a toothbrush, toothpaste and coloring book.

Alessandra Landers @ My Maryville Dentist